Waidhofen/Ybbs – the pearl of the Ybbs valley
Since 1896 Waidhofen an der Ybbs (12 000 inhabitants) has been a town with an own statute. It has a size of 131 km². The most interesting sight of Waidhofen is the historic town centre itself. Magnificent town houses (most of them are built in gothic style) are situated at Oberer and Unterer Stadtplatz, Freisingerberg and Hoher Markt. The oldest element of the town is the northern part of the Oberer Stadtplatz, near the castle and the Parish Church.